What is dry eye disease?
Dry eye disease (DED) is caused by inflammation of the eye and the tear-producing glands. This results in the eye not being able to produce tears that protect the eye from irritation and keep it moisturised and lubricated. 5
The tear film has the following layers: 5
- Oily Layer – Outside layer that prevents evaporation of moisture from the eye.
- Watery Layer - Middle layer that keeps the eye moisturised.
- Mucous Layer - Inner layer responsible for coherence between the eye and the water layer.
Dry eye disease (DED) is a result of insufficient moisture in the water layer of the eye. 6
I–DEW Soothe is a gentle formulation to soothe, lubricate and nourish the eye surface to: Relieve dryness, discomfort and irritation.What makes I-DEW Soothe unique?
- Longer lasting lubricating effect.
- Contains Electrolytes to provide essential nutrition and nourishment to the eye surface.
Years on the market.
Products on offer.
Percent of adults suffer from digital eye strain.