DRY EYE DISEASE (DED)
Dry eye disease (DED) is caused by inflammation of the eye and the tear-producing glands. This results in the eye not being able to produce tears that protect the eye from irritation and keep it moisturised and lubricated. 5
The alternative solution to relieve dry eyes caused by digital eye strain.
Are you using a digital device for over 2 hours?
65% of adults suffer from digital eye strain.
Tips to prevent digital eye strain:
- Limit your use of digital devices.
- Keep your distance to comfortably read the screen (arm’s length).
- Reduce the screen glare by changing the brightness of the background colour, always keep the screen clean and decrease the amount of surrounding light that competes with the screen of the digital device.
- Increase the size of the text for a more comfortable read.
- Blink more often to avoid dry eyes.
- Take a 20-20-20 break: Every 20 minutes, take a 20-second break and look at something 20 feet away.